If you’re thinking about selling your home, you want the highest and best price. Because most people think that their home is worth more than it really is. They need an agents help.
How to Sell Your Home Fast (or not, if that’s your thing) attempts to show you how to sell your home fast for the highest and best price. The process makes putting a home on the market less stressful. And owners will have an easier time making decisions when it matters most.
Prepare your home for sale by starting from the outside to create curb appeal. By giving your home a new paint job if if hasn’t been painted in the past 10 years.
Your agent may recommend that you perform repairs to correct visible flaws-or even suggest staging your home so it feels more spacious. And potential buyers can picture themselves living there.
Price it right by asking your broker to perform a market analysis. And look closely at the comparable sales of similar homes in your neighborhood that have closed in the last 90 days and take the number of available listings into account when agreeing to an asking price.
Let me explain why:
- Homes that have failed to attract a buyer in a reasonable period of time may be overpriced.
- Foreclosures or distressed properties in your neighborhood can impact your homes market value.
- It never pays to set the price too high; most buyers will need financing and the bank will generally use an appraisal based on recent sales to justify the loan amount.
- Most buyers screen available homes on the Internet, and new listings get 4 times more web traffic. If your home is priced too high when it hits the market, you run the risk that active, qualified buyers will scroll right past it.
- New listings are called “hot“ for a reason-buyers get excited about them. Showings are likely to cool off noticeably after the first 30 days on the market.
- When weighing an offer, make sure to consider the potential costs of holding on to your property longer than you want or need to (including the mortgage, property taxes, insurance, maintenance, etc.).
Make sure you also lean into your trusted real estate professional for additional insight and guidance when you are thinking about selling your home.
Each week time is spent researching and writing enchanting real estate trend articles for you. I hope you enjoyed this one. Let me know what you think.
Any questions? Would you like to chat? Call us at 415 378-6614 or send us a note.
We look forward to hearing from you!